Wednesday, September 24, 2008

This is me

Soooo here I am. Joining the blog world. Whupty-do right? Yah, tell me about it. Well this is really for the 5 friends that I know will get a good laugh out of the outrageous shit I plan to write here ...anyone else reading...ummmm. Don't mind me. I've been this way for years.

I'm a cynical, hopeless romantic from the West Coast who is opinionated, brash and sensitive too. I currently live in the Nations Capitol where everybody thinks they know everybody, is trying to get to know somebody and incessant bragging and name dropping seem to be a hobby shared by all. ( I haven't figured out if I'm repulsed by it or if I should just view it as the formula for survival.) I'm a humble, snob who is happy to be a part of the black bourgeios and proud to have graduated from one of the most prestiguous HBCU's in the nation. Yet I have not lost sight of my humble beginnings and realize that a college degree doesn't necessarily make you smarter than anyone else... maybe just a more clever chess player.

Raised in a single parent home by a mother who was both a combination of Mommy Dearest and Roseanne; I have inevitably been trained to be "Ms.Independent". My fairweather father who was a mix of Al Bundy and Peter from the Family guy caused me to have a discerning and slighty intolerable regard toward men who don't immediately "prove themselves". (How many times has this story been put on repeat black america?) Im a roughdraft constantly making editions and when my life gets writers block I pour myself a glass of Riesling, smoke a clove and just...exhale...The Masterpiece is on its way :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I have to say I think I am going to enjoy this blog! Look forward to reading.

Anonymous said...

Well I have to say I think I am going to enjoy this blog! Look forward to reading.

oops on the first one! :)

Anonymous said...

Can't wait...

Unknown said...

Cloves and Riesling.... I like you already! (Djarum black fiend here)