Friday, December 19, 2008

Guess who's bizack?!

After a grueling 8+ hours in transit. I have finally reached my destination and have come 3,000 miles across the US to a place that has now become my 2nd home. My heart will always remain here though. All I can think of is getting off of this fucking plane. I'm starving. My skin is all oily so now bangs feel like they're glued to my face and all I wanna do is get my shit and start my vacay. No sooner than me taking my bag from the overhead bin and walking off the plane my phone rings. Like clock work the first call I get comes from my boy with a girl. (We'll call him Midnite) We have small talk but my a.d.d. has kicked in and I'm straining to hear him over the loud ass bitch on the intercom. Fucking him is the last thing on my mind right now and he knows that I never make time to see him my first night back home anyway. I guess he's putting in the ground work for the days ahead. Little does he know I'm exploring other options. Options that I'd totally forgotten about.(Silly me) We'll see how that pans out.


As we travel across the bridge I look at a skyline that I have a new found appreciation for. Skyrises, lights, and houses in the hills. No more DC/MD/VA license plates...nope. Those are now replaced by a sea of just one kind. The ones with the pretty red cursive.


One of my best girlfriends picks me up. We are like two peas in a pod. Back to catching up and planning out the weekend. I list off all the places I must go before I leave. She laughs and says her and the crew have already had this discussion. "Welp, pepper red is comin. We eat what she wants to eat. We do what she wants to do. We're on her time now." Ha! This is why I love my friends. They are one of the reasons I am the brat that I am today.


First stop after getting off the bridge...find me a Taco Truck! We go to the heart of Mexicanville. I order a steak burrito and a Sunkist to wash it down. Yummmm.

Now to the house I grew up in. Mom greets me at the door. Walk to my room and its just as I'd left it. White dresser and Bookcase. Growing more and more empty each time I come home. My bed with the same pretty green comforter and the cream colored throw on the edge. A closet I don't bother to look inside b/c it contains all the shit I packed up from my "teen' room 6 years ago before my departure East. Now I have an "adult" room. Less is more I suppose.

Today is a new day and more importantly...FRIDAY. I'm up at 6am because my body thinks its 9am. And by midnight tonight I'll be yawning uncontrollably and my friends will look at me like I'm crazy.

Time to run the streets ALL DAY LONG!

P.S. First call of the day comes in at 6am. Who could it be??? Mr.Midnite calling to shoot the shit. Smh Apparently this Kitty has Kryptonite inside!

0 comments: