Friday, October 31, 2008

Homemade Happy Hour at the Hostel...take 2

So as usual, the hostel craves attention even when we don't think we do. The bff and I couldn't figure out if we were gonna go to the open bar from 9-11 at our old stomping grounds or the Bacardi open bar at the club in DC that everyone knows and seemingly LOVEs. Whomp! Both places have seemed to become a magnet of the unsavory types. (We'll pass)

As usual we get the word out. Happy Hour. Hostel. 9:30pm. We didn't say BYOB but everyone pretty much knows that first come first serve will NOT serve YOU. (Besides, we're in a RECESSION!) This leads to everyone either bringing in a jug of Bella Sera or a modest yet quality bottle of Robert Mondavi or even something that doesn't necessarily coincide with the "theme" (i.e. a jug of Bacardi) but it definitely coincides with the mission! We all know what that is! Its all the same if you're in the mood for intoxication and just about any contribution is better than NO contribution. (Thanks guys!)

***My eyes are blurred. I AM STILL DRUNK. I started writing this entry before bed last night and even after 6 hours of sleep I am still drunk. Most readers will not be surprised as I am notorious for this routine. ***

Back to last night....
This Happy Hour was a blast. 15 guests in the hostel all of which strolled in and OUT at various times. Everyone walked in with a bottle of wine. We didnt ask them to but its kind of unspoken. The Hostel provide you with a variety of witty, skilled shit talking, well rounded individuals who if nothing else will get drunk with you and provide you with entertainment.We might not be able to provide you with food (or HEAT) but nonetheless you will walk out with a smile and for us thats ALL we care about. Apparently since we have 2 mutts its an unspoken invitation for our friends to bring over their own little beasts.(smile) This pup was new to the Hostel so he didnt know that their was a no jumping on the couch rule and a no pissing like a racehorse on our hardwood floors like you've lost your got damn mind rule. Eh. Luckily he was cute (and a rookie) so he didnt get the smashed nose into the floor treatment.

The night started off on the mellow side with us finishing up Greys...it ended with loud music, shit talking, clove smoking, all the girls dancing gleefully to Beyonce's Put a Ring on it (did i predict that shit or what?!). There was an argumentative yet amusing round of Taboo (followed by some shit called Spoons) played... and ending with 3 cops cars shining their lights on our house in our quaint little neighborhood, pretty much saying "Shut the fuck up and get the fuck out". Hmmmm.Its 2 am on a Thursday... Were we that loud? Must've been the neighbors that ratted. Maybe its the 2 Obama signs we now have in our yard. (Obama 08! )

I had not one boo to call. What has my life become? sigh. I have not one single guy that Im interested in. I tryed calling my fave stud with intentions to get my Girl 6 on. No luck. He was up to something and by the time he wanted to "chat" I had passed out. Oh well. His bad.

I am on my 3rd cup of coffee... gotta recoop for the weekend ahead! Everyone have a safe and fun Halloween! I know I will!

0 comments: